Werkwinkel is a peer-reviewed scientific journal which is published twice annually, either as standard or themed issues. Scientific articles in the broad fields of Dutch and South African Studies (culture, language and literature) are published in English, Dutch and Afrikaans. The editorial board also allows space for views and reviews of the newest publications in these fields.
Werkwinkel appears on the "European Reference Index for the Humanities" and on the list of scientific journals, recognised by the Polish government.
Werkwinkel has no article processing chargers (APCs) nor article submission charges.
Why subscribe and read
Werkwinkel seeks to create a forum for exchanging ideas and opinions and for the publication of research results in the field of Dutch and South African Studies (culture, literature, language).
Werkwinkel is a peer- reviewed journal and appears on the "European Reference Index for the Humanities" and on the list of scientific journals, recognised by the Polish government.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Jerzy Koch, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Katarzyna Wiercińska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Editorial Advisory Board
David Attwell (York)
C.J. Conradie (Johannesburg)
Theo D'haen (Leuven)
G.J. Dorleijn (Groningen)
Joan Hambidge (Cape Town / Kaapstad)
Siegfried Huigen (Wrocław)
Ernst Kotzé (Port Elizabeth)
Maria-Theresia Leuker (Köln)
Bert Paasman (Amsterdam)
O.J. Praamstra (Leiden)
Wim Rutgers (Aruba)
T.L. Vaessens (Amsterdam)
H.P. van Coller (Bloemfontein)
Louise Viljoen (Stellenbosch)
Małgorzata Drwal, Christopher Joby, Karen Kuhn, Robertus de Louw, Nancy Saeys
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
Werkwinkel is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CEJSH (The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Linguistic Bibliography
- Microsoft Academic
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- WorldCat (OCLC)