- Journal Details
- Open Access
- First Published
- 06 Mar 2015
- Publication timeframe
- 3 times per year
- Journal Subjects
- Linguistics and Semiotics, Applied Linguistics, Language Teaching and Learning, Literary Studies, Comparative Literary Studies, Social Sciences, Education, Specialist Studies in Education, Cultural Studies, General Cultural Studies
- Journal Metrics
Journal of Language and Cultural Education (JoLaCE) is a double-blind peer-reviewed international journal promoting international scholarly exchange among researchers, academics, and professionals. It carries only original, previously unpublished full-length research and survey articles that reflect the latest research and developments in both theoretical and practical aspects of language, literary and cultural education. Review studies, research-in-progress reports, short research notes, commentaries, and in-field publications reviews are invited to be published as well.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Silvia Pokrivčáková, University of Trnava, Slovakia
Editorial Advisory Board
Afroditi Athanasopoulou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Gregory Jason Bell, Tomas Bata University, Czech Republic
Hassan Akbari Beiragh, Semnan University, Iran
Ivana Cimermanová, Prešov University, Slovakia
Jitka Crhova, Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Mexico
Hosni Mostafa El-Dali, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
Róbert Gáfrik, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia
Alastair Graham-Marr, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
Svetlana Hanušová, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
Gameel Hussein, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
Xenia Liashuk, University of Trnava
Rastislav Metruk, University of Žilina, Slovakia
William New, Beloit College, USA
Anton Pokrivčák, University of Trnava, Slovakia
Françoise Raby, LAIRDIL Toulouse, France
Teresa Siek-Piskozub, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Zuzana Straková, University of Prešov, Slovakia
Artur Świątek, Pedagogical University of Cracow, Poland
Zuzana Tabačková, Constantine the Philosopher University, Slovakia
Klára Uličná, Charles University, Czech Republic
Hana Vančová, University of Trnava
Chen Xu, Hangzhou Dianzi University, China
Zuzana Jánošíková, University of Trnava
Louise Kocianová, University of Trnava
Roman Horváth, University of Trnava
949 01 Nitra
prof. PaedDr. Silvia Pokrivčáková, PhD.
Department of English Language and Literature
Faculty of Education
University of Trnava
918 43 Trnava
telephone: +421 33 5939540 or +421 33 5939547
fax: +421 33 5516 047 (Dean´s Office) email: email@example.com
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Journal of Language and Cultural Education is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Cabell's Whitelist
- CEJSH (The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Linguistic Bibliography
- Linguistics Abstracts Online
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Authors should submit their paper via the electronic form here
Each paper will be provided with a paper ID for further reference. Please always refer to the paper ID in any further correspondence.
Submission and review process
Upon the receipt of paper submission, the editorial assistant will send an e-mail of confirmation to the corresponding author within 5 working days. If you fail to receive this confirmation, your submission/e-mail may have been missed. Please contact the Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission and review process
- Upon receipt of paper submission, the editorial assistant sends an e-mail of confirmation to the corresponding author within 5 working days. If you fail to receive this confirmation, your submission/e-mail may have been missed. Please contact the Editor-in-Chief at (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Peer review. We use a double-blind system for peer-review. All manuscripts will be subject to a well-established, fair, unbiased peer review and refereeing procedure, and considered on the basis of their significance, novelty, and usefulness to the journal´s readership. The reviewers' identities remain anonymous to authors. The review process may take 3 to 12 weeks.
- Notification of the result of the review. The review output will be one of the following decisions:
- Accept with minor changes
- Reject and send it to the author for editing. A second reviewing is necessary.
Submitted papers are assumed to contain no proprietary material unprotected by patent or patent application; responsibility for technical content and for protection of proprietary material rests solely with the author(s) and their organizations and is not the responsibility of the SlovakEdu or its Editorial Staff. The main author is responsible for ensuring that the article has been seen and approved by all the other authors. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the manuscript prior to the submission.
Journal of Language and Cultural Education (online) by DeGruyter Poland is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Licence.
The journal has a policy of “Zero Tolerance to Plagiarism”. We check plagiarism via two methods: reviewer check and plagiarism a selected prevention tool.
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.